Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2017

I Am A Movie Screen



You are the movie.

Your movie projects onto my screen. I watch it. I might laugh, I might cry. I may grimace.

What do I think of it? Do I want to keep watching? Do I have to? Do I want to?

Good questions.

Some people, some movies are dramas that not only am I not interested in, I don't have the time for. They become an emotional suckfest leaving you without energy or motivation.

Some movies are horror shows. Lives that have taken some bad turns whether by accident or by bad decision. It's usually the latter.

Some are sad documentaries. Again, maybe an accident, maybe some bad decisions. Who knows?

What if I don't want to watch that movie?


Change it.

It is just that simple. Don't like the movie, change it.

Don't want see the drama that features some spoiled queenie that behaves like a entitled, self-centered bitch where every minute of film feels like slow death. You know the person that can't possibly see enough of themselves. Every event in their life is a tragedy beyond human endurance and they need to tell you every painful detail.

Change it.

Not interested in the horror flick that shows how one person can somehow, almost impossibly, make one bad decision after another as if they had no control over their own lives. Everything they do is a controlled crash landing. They have the self-awareness of an earthworm and make you wonder if they will ever have a clue.

Change it.

You're the movie screen.  Not the movie.

Change the movie. Change it to something you like.

So, you like that comedy where the person makes you laugh and feel so good it almost feels as if time stops. The kind of person that makes you feel energized and forget that you even have any problems.  As least for a little while.

Watch it.

You like the movie where a person takes you on an adventure with intellectual twists and turns that leaves you with an "aha"feeling. Their story is so interesting that when it is over you want to watch it again. Right away.

Watch it.

You like the movie where the underdog overcomes impossible odds and inspires you to take on the world with your personal passion? The movie that makes you think, if they can do it, so can I?



Watch it. 

Again and again.

You choose the movies you watch. Choose movies that make you laugh, learn and feel inspired. Don't watch the movies that drain the life out of you and leave you haggard.

But, always remember....you are a movie too.

Are you worth watching??



No comments:

Post a Comment