Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

My Recommended Reading List

Getting the info you need to reach your potential is essential.  You never know where the next great idea, source of inspiration or helpful technique will come from.  Reading is one way to find these things.

These days with books, blogs, podcasts and the internet there is no shortage of information.  You can pretty much find some information about everything.  But, there is a lot of it.



There is so much information that it becomes impossible to get to it all.  It becomes even more difficult to identify what is worth your time.

I have assembled a list of the books that I have found to be very helpful to me.  You will probably find many of the books on other people's lists. 


Some may even be on your own.  See the Must Reads Page.

One piece of advice that I found to be very useful when reading these books is that you take what makes sense to you.  Some of what you read will not make sense to you. Don't use that info.  But, if something does resonate with you. Gives you that sense of "aha." Then use that.


Or, at a minimum, try it.


Just try it.  This is another piece of advice I picked up.  You don't really know how well some thing may work if you don't at least give it try.  So, just try it.  If it doesn't work for you after an honest try.  Then move on to something else.

In all honesty, I don't read all the books.  I do listen to them all. And, I re-listen to them.  If there is a book that I feel was really good, then I buy the printed copy, study it, summarize it and put it into action.  But, at the very least, I will listen to it.  You can cover a lot more ground this way.




Last item, if you listen to or read a book, plan to go back to it again. Especially if you thought it was helpful.  There are books that I have gone back to after years and heard something that I didn't hear the first time.  Sometimes you have to grow a little to understand what was being said.





And, finally, if you have a recommendation.  Please, let me know. You can email me or leave a comment.

Must Reads Page






No comments:

Post a Comment